What is ORBERA®?
The Orbera® Managed Weight Loss Program is a unique weight loss system that is ideal for those looking for a safe, non-surgical weight loss tool. It involves the use of a soft expandable balloon coupled with a comprehensive support program to help realize your weight loss goals.
How does Obera work?
The system works by reducing feelings of hunger by giving you a sense of fullness more quickly when eating. The balloon helps control portion size as it takes up space in the stomach. With the support of the professional team, the Orbera® intragastric balloon can help you change poor eating habits and behaviors to achieve your weight loss goals. What else is involved in the Orbera® Managed Weight Loss Program?
The Obera® weight loss journey involves:
- Consultation and preparation with your doctor
- Day procedure for insertion of the Obera® balloon
- Gradual dietary transition (liquids, soft diet, semi solid diet and full diet) after placement of the Orbera® intragastric balloon with the guidance of a dietitian
- Exercise program with the support of health professionals
- Regular follow up consultations with your team while the balloon is in place
- Removal of the Orbera® intragstraic balloon after 6 months
How much weight can I lose?
The amount of weight lost depends largely on the individual. According to studies, people can lose between 20 to 50 pounds with this proven medical device/procedure, with most weight loss typically occurring in the first three (3) months. Weight loss varies from person to person.
Is Obera® right for me?
The Obera® Managed Weight Loss Program is perfect for anyone looking for a quick and non-invasive answer to weight loss.
Click below to hear more from our physicians on weight loss solutions and how the Albany Surgical team can support your jouney to a healthier you.