We Specialize in All Aspects Of Reflux Therapy
While the impact of antibiotics on gut bacteria is well known, do other commonly prescribed medications impact gut bacteria?
The vast world of gastrointestinal bacterial diversity has been the subject of greater research focus in recent years. However, many significant areas remain understudied. One such area is the impact commonly prescribed medicines have on the bacterial diversity of the human gastrointestinal tract.
Offering Effective Alternatives to Reflux Managment
At the Southern Reflux Center, our physician GERD specialists offer freedom from your reflux symptoms and medication by offer real treatment solutions. Our talented physicians use their experience and the most current evidence-based practice to treat the root cause of your reflux, rather than masking the symptoms. If you suffer from GERD or chronic reflux, contact us for your consultation today!
For more information or to schedule a consultation, contact us online or by phone today.
Dr. John Lipham, Chief, Upper GI & General Surgery at the University of Southern California
In the video Dr. Lipham discusses outcomes in LINX® patients with acid reflux or GERD and large Hiatal Hernias.
- The barrier to reflux is both the LES and the integrity of the crura
- Hiatal hernia is one of the reasons patients have reflux
- The LES makes up about half of the reflux barrier, the Integrity of the crura makes up the other half
- In general, as the hiatal hernia gets bigger, the reflux gets worse
- No matter what size the hernia is, it needs to be fixed to restore that component to the barrier